Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.
This week the topic is:
Top Ten Favorite Authors in X Genre
My Choice: Newer YA Authors (past 2 yrs)
1. Stephanie Perkins: She really won me over with Anna and the French Kiss and also turned me on to contemporaries. She is one I will make sure I read every book she comes out with.
2. Marissa Meyer: Wow. I LOVED Cinder. It was amazing, so she easily won me over. Plus, she is a Sailor Moon fan!
3. Katie McGarry: Pushing the Limits was so incredible
4. Lauren Destefano: She is hilarious and has some super random tweets. She also has great stories ideas!
5. Jodi Meadows: Incarnate was awesome and her descriptions were magical. Some of her scenes were so immensely beautiful and I can’t not like her.
6. Victoria Schwab: The Near Witch was an incredible and her writing style is elegant and rich.
7. Mike Mullin: His story Ashfall was a terrifyingly realistic post-apocalyptic novel that I couldn’t get out of my head even if I wanted to.
8. Lauren Oliver: She has awesome quotes in her books and the concept she had for love in Delirium was so unique. She writes in a way that makes it hard to put her books down.
9. Kendare Blake: Anna Dressed in Blood was incredible! The characters were great, the story was great, and I didn’t want it to end.
10. Michelle Hodkin: I loved how she can make you feel like you are going crazy when the main character thinks she is going crazy. She has writing that you can easily get into and put yourself in.