Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.
This week the topic is:
Top Ten Books to Get into the Halloween Spirit
I’m going to split this into read and to read
1. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake: This was such a good book! It was fun and just the right amount of gruesome. Plus this book has some the closest to creeping me out (it is really hard to accomplish), so of course it gets a lot of points for that. Plus the characters were awesome.
4. Alice in Zombieland by Gena Showalter: I just finished this one last night and it was AMAZING. Definitely one of my favorite reads this year! The zombies are quite different in this book and Ali is pretty cool.
5. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard: Technically, this one isn’t read because I am currently reading it, but it is getting counted because it is soo good. There is a lot of stuff going on and I don’t want to put it down. It is another zombie book with a little bit of steampunk.
8. Ten by Gretchen McNeil: I am peeved I am still waiting on this book from the library! It sounds so good and the book trailer for it was really thrilling. I haven’t read a good murder mystery in quite some time and after I read this one I am going to go back and read And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie, which I haven’t read in 15 years.
9. House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski: A roommate I had a couple of years ago told me this was the creepiest book she has ever read, so of course I have to read this one. It is also written very strangely. Every word “house” is in blue, some pages have a square in of text, some have only one word, some even have text going in different directions. Couldn’t pass it up.
10. Snow White, Blood Red by Ellen Datlow and other authors: This is a book of horror short stories. A fun way to read a different story several nights during the month of October to get into the Halloween spririt!
So what Halloween reads do you have?