Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.
Ever heard the saying “Don’t judge a book by it’s cover?” Well that saying does not apply to this week’s top ten list because it’s all about the covers!! We all have walked down the rows of bookshelves and stopped in ourtracks because of an eyecatching cover. So for this week, we have….
Top Ten Books That Whose Titles Or Covers Made Me Buy It
1. Wicked Lovely: I always loved this cover. It’s just beautiful. The blues and the purples go so well together. I love the frozen flower and the vines bordering the title.
2. Tiger’s Curse: My absolute favorite animal is the white tiger, so when a book came out with a white tiger on the front, of coruse I had to have it.
3. The Girl Who Chased the Moon: The girl dressed in light colors stood out against the darker background and I really liked the scattered butterflies.
4. A Blue So Dark: This cover was very mysterious and dark. Blue is my favorite color, so of course I like blue toned covers. The texture of the cover was also great; it was like a soft suede feel.
5. Evermore: The cover is very simple. A girl, a flower, a title, but the bright shocking red of the flower against the more subdued tone of the purple makes it stand out.
6. Firefly Rain: This cover is beautiful and spooky at the same time.
7. Wither: I was very drawn to this cover and the title design is very unique.
8. Matched: I love the colors, the dress is a gorgeous shade of green, and the girl in the bubble gives a very trapped feeling.
9. Blue Bloods: This is a pretty simple cover, but it still really draws you in, especially with the vampire bite on the neck. I also like the title’s font.
10. Snow Flower and the Secret Fan (the green cover): Again, I like the colors, but also I like Asian culture and designs, so I love the spread fan.