Quoting Ramblings of A Book-A-Holic : “This award is given to bloggers who are up and coming
and who have less than 200 followers.”
I think it is so cool that Jane at Much Ado About Books recognized me for this 🙂 I am so honored to receive this award, it makes me so happy!!
Here are the rules!!
Each person must post 11 facts about themselves.
Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and 11 questions for the people you tag.
Tag 11 more bloggers.
Tell them you’ve tagged them.
- No tag backs!
11 facts about me:
1. I work at a jail.
2. I own a corgi named Ein (after the show Cowboy Bebop).
3. I also love manga and anime.
4. I want to have my own personal library.
5. I have a special shelf that has books with their film adaptations.
6. I am determined to be a published writer and have a special tattoo designed for when I do.
7. I have a bachelor’s degree in psychology.
8. I wish I could paint.
9. I’m a very vivid dreamer and I love it.
10. If I could be any fantasy creature, it would be a mermaid.
11. I can’t eat popcorn without pickles.
Questions for me from Jane:
1.What is you current Obsessed-With book right now? Either new-release or old reread?
I’d have to say probably Cinder. I loved this book so incredibly much and I am itching so bad to get my hands on the next book. I think one of the reasons I loved Cinder so much is because I love Sailor Moon, that and the book is just awesome. Period.
2. How long have you been blogging?
A year and a month, and it doesn’t seem that long at all. I have definitely learned a lot and I still have more to learn.
3. Are you a TV watcher, or one who adamantly wards off those stupid television programs and sticks only to books as a pastime? (But actually stays up in the night on Netflix geeking out?)
I do love to watch some shows. I don’t have cable, so most of the stuff I watch is shows I have on DVD, Netflix or Hulu Plus. I love Bones, Castle, Glee, The Mentalist, Vampire Diaries, and a few others.
4. What are your opinions on the e-reading explosion of technology?
I am mostly pro-book, not pro-e-reader. I don’t like paying almost as much for a digital copy of a book that I would for a real book I could hold in my hand. I love the smell and feel of books and being able to admire the covers. To me digital copies of books aren’t “real” and I don’t like it. I have an original Nook, and that is because my mom gave it to me. I’ll read author requests and free e-books on it, but I don’t buy e-books unless they are self published writers that I support.
5. Have you ever traveled out of the country?
Yes 🙂 I have been to the Bahamas, France and England. I love to travel and I plan to go many other places.
6. What’s the strangest book you’ve ever read? (because of writing style, random plot, etc.)
Hmm, this is a hard one. I can’t really think of any books I would consider to be strange. I am going to read House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski and I hear it is quite strange. The writing style is very unique. I have flipped through the pages and sometimes there was only a single word on the page and throughout the whole novel, the word house is in blue instead of black.
7. Favorite author?
I can’t say I have a single favorite. I have several favorites. Tera Lynn Childs, Sarah Addison Allen, Marissa Meyer, and others.
8. Fast or slow reader?
I guess I am kind of average. I can read a bit faster if I wanted to, but I don’t absorb as much if i do that and I don’t enjoy the story as much. I am jealous of the readers who can sit and read 3 books in a day. My TBR pile is so huge, I really wish I could do this!
9. Have you ever been to an author signing/event before? If so, who is the first author you’ve ever met?
I have never been to a big one unfortunately. Where I live isn’t interesting enough for many big authors to come for book signings. I did meet Travis Thrasher who is a Christian thriller writer. He was incredibly nice and is a really good writer.
10. How do you usually acquire your books? Indie bookstores, B&N, e-format, Amazon…etc…
I have a B&N membership, so generally I get them online at B&N. The lady at my post office commented on all the packages of books I get, lol.
11. Do you write besides blogging? Like poetry or a novel? Or just write because of blogging?
I love to write and my dream career is to be an author. I have several ideas I have been working on for novel length stories. I originally started writing poetry and it kept going from there. I’ve always loved writing and ever since I can remember, when I was asked “What do you want to be when you grow up?” it was a writer.
I am tagging:
*Also you can find these blogs and a ton of others on my Awesome Blogs I Follow page. I just added about 30 more blogs, so stop by and check them out!*
My questions to these bloggers:
1. Tell me an item on your “bucket list.”
2. Do you want to be a writer also, or are you happy just as a reader?
3. If you could recommend only one book to someone, what book would it be?
4. Physical books or e-books?
5. You have a chance to meet an author, which author would you want it to be?
6. Do you have a favorite reading spot?
7. What is your favorite book that your school made you read?
8. What do you do for fun aside from reading?
9. Is blogging what you expected it to be?
10. Do you blog in silence, or do you listen to music?
11. Tell us anything!