Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.
This week the topic is:
Top Ten Bookish Confessions
1. I keep every book I have ever owned, even books I don’t like. I just don’t have the ability to get rid of them, lol. I also have all my goosebump books from when I was younger.
2. I HATE when stores put stickers on book covers. Really, it drives me bonkers, and I will work for a long, long time to get the sticky off.
3. When I buy hardcover books, I look under the jacket to see what the cover looks like underneath. If I don’t like that cover, it is irrelevant, I just do that to check it out. Every time.
4. I refuse to buy any e-books, unless it is to support self-publishing authors or they are free ones. I own two Nooks, classic and color, and I didn’t buy either of those, they were both gifted. I am not a supported of electronic books stuff. Can’t help it, I just can’t handle not having the actual book!
5. There are a bunch of classics I haven’t read yet, like To Kill a Mockingbird, Catcher in the Rye, The Scarlet Letter, etc. Someday I will eventually read them, but there are too many books I want to read right now.
6. I would love to have a part time job at B&N, even if it is only 1 day a week, so that I have a job and paycheck specifically for book discounts and book buying money!
7. I love and live at my B&N store so much, the staff have become good friends, expect to see me at least a few tmies a week and know my regular drink order.
8. I order so many books online, the lady at the post office has my 6 digit p.o. box number memorized.
9. Most people will read a book, then see the movie. I can’t do this. As much as I can help it, I will watch the movie then read the book. It just sets me up for disappointment if I read the book first and it makes me mad when I see some of the changes that are made. But as long as I get the very first movie & book out of the way, it doesn’t matter what order I read/watch the sequels in.
10. I am incredibly stingy with my books. I don’t like for people to borrow them because I am afraid that I will get them back with broken or creased spines, dog eared pages, dirty or messed up covers, etc. I am very OCD when it comes to the condition I keep my books in.
Those are my confessions! So what kind of things do you have to tell on yourself when it comes to books?