Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.
This week the topic is:
Top Ten Bookish People I Would Like to Meet
1. Lauren Destefano: Because aside from writing awesome books, she just seems like an awesome person in general. Have you read her tweets? Random and hilarious!
2. Tera Lynn Childs: I love her Fins series and I emailed her before with a couple of questions and she was so nice when she wrote back. She just seems like she would be really great.
3. Richard Castle (Nathan Fillion): I know this one is kind of cheating, but I am counting him! His picture is even on the back of the books (though I would still love to know who is actually writing the books). I’ve been a Nathan Fillion fan since Firefly and he is awesome in everything, especially Castle.
5. R.L. Stine: He helped feed my love of reading when I was little. I used to get as many Goosebump books as I could from the school’s book fair and I still have every one of them. He contributed to my love of horror and probably my book addiction, too.
6. Sarah Addison Allen: She has a beautiful writing style and her book The Girl Why Chased the Moon is the book I most remember reading while I was out on surgery last year. She only lives one state away, so maybe this one is possible.
7. Neil Gaiman: This man just seems like he would be super cool. He has interesting stories with strange people and places, so it would be great to see what he is like in person.
8. Brittany @ The Book Addict’s Guide: We like similar things and she is really cool. She is a frequent commenter and blogger friend and it would be fantastic to meet her. We even thought it was pretty funny when we found out our family reunions where not far from each other and where at the same time this past summer.
9. Amber @ Du Livre: Another blogger friend who is super cool and shares similar tastes with me. Plus, she likes French (my grandmother is from France and I took French for 5 years!), so that bumps her up the awesome list even more.
10. Lucy @ The Reading Date: She was the very first person to welcome me to the book blogosphere and made me feel really welcome. She has an incredible blog and is incredibly nice!
OK, I am making an update because I was half asleep when I originally made this post and I thought this author was on here, but when I double checked, she wasn’t there. What’s wrong with me? I guess I thought I put her on here because I meant to….
J.K. Rowling: This one is a given! Harry Potter is freaking awesome, so awesome my subconscious already thought she was on my list.
There were so many more I wanted to put on this list!! So who is it that you would like to meet from the bookish world?