Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.
This week the topic is:
Top Ten New to Me Authors in 2012
1. Gena Showalter: Alice in Zombieland was incredible and has some fantastic action scenes! I can’t wait for the next one and I will be checking out her other books.
2. Katie McGarry: Pushing the Limits was an amazing debut and an emotional roller coaster. This lady know how to tug the heartstrings!
3. Marissa Meyer: By far Cinder was one of (if not the #1) my favorite reads for this year. I was truly sucked into her debut and have been pining for the sequel ever since I closed the book.
4. Jodi Meadows: Incarnate was another wonderful debut, and it was very unique with a very crush worthy guy!
5. Laini Taylor: If you have read Daughter of Smoke and Bone, then you already know what I am talking about. The characters and the world portayed in this book were amazing!
6. Stephanie Perkins: This woman made me feel was it is like to fall in love for the first time all over again in Anna and the French Kiss and I will definitely be reading everything she writes. Etienne St. Clair *happy sigh*
7. Tabitha Suzuma: This author broke my heart in Forbidden and made such a taboo story into something incredibly beautiful.
8. Suzanne Collins: The Hunger Games was such a great read and I didn’t want to put it down!
9. Ciye Cho: The world of Niemela in Florence was one of my favorite underwater worlds I have read about and the author describes it with such colorful vividness.
10. Gretchen McNeil: I love how fast Ten read and it kept me guessing. Any author that can do that has made my list of favorites 🙂
So who were your top faves for this year?