Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.
This week the topic is:
This week is a freebie week, so I get to do any topic I want. For this freebie I am choosing:
Top Ten Books with One Word Titles
1. Cinder / Scarlet: Cinder was my favorite book of all last year, so much so that I did something I have never done before- I reread the book this year. I NEVER get to reread books, and if I do, it is years past the first time I read it, like The Great Gatsby (I read this in high school 12 years ago).
2. Incarnate / Asunder: I love the musical scenes in this book. There are such beautiful descriptions and I could almost hear the music the imagery was so clear.
3. Chime: I loved this audiobook and the way it was written was fantastic. The Near Witch was another favorite that was like this book. Both were excellent witchy tales.
4. Forbidden: Something that is taboo, but I heard how great it was and if it is a good book, I don’t care if it is taboo. There are very few things I would not read just because of comfort level. Even though this love story was outside the norm (brother and sister), it was still beautiful and heartbreaking.
5. Starters: A scifi book I enjoyed so much more than I thought I was going to. It was very exciting and full of action and I highly recommend it to people who don’t often read sci-fi , but would like to try it out.
6. Wither: A great concept and a very scary one on top of that. It so unique and there are so many questionable things in this story.
7. Ashfall: Scary natural disaster book that shows how ugly people can get when the world gets horrible. The most terrifying part of this book is the fact that it could really happen.
8. Origin: I really enjoyed this book and was glad that it was a stand alone since there are so many trilogies it is nice to have a good stand alone, too.
9. Pandemonium: I liked the chaos of this book. The first one was a bit more laid back until the end, but this one had a lot more going on. Team Julian!
10. Lolita: Another taboo book, but it was so incredibly written that there is no way I couldn’t have it on my favorite reads. I was very cautious reading it a first since it is told from a pedophile’s POV, but it was not nearly as disturbing as I thought it was going to be. I love the flow of Nabokov’s writing and I want to read everything he wrote.
What did you guys choose for your freebie week??
18 responses to “Top Ten Tuesday (36)”
Great list! Chime was really good, as was Pandemonium. I like Wither and Starters too. Can’t wait for the sequel to Starters.
Jenea @ Books Live Forever
I can’t wait for the sequel to Starters as well! I feel like I have been waiting FOREVER and it still doesn’t come out for another 7 months!!
Ooh what a great idea for a topic! I do love one word titles. They must be so hard to name and get it spot on. I loved Cinder and Scarlet 😀 and the only other book on there I’ve read is Pandemonium. I really need to read Requiem but my library doesn’t have it *sob* Starters, Wither and Incarnate are books I’m hoping to check out eventually too. Your reason for loving Incarnate has me curious!
Here’s my TTT 🙂
Oh yes, they are all wonderful and Incarnate is just a step or two below my love for Cinder. My favorite scene is the masquerade, GORGEOUS.
Very interesting topic! The only ones I recognized was Cinder, which I too enjoyed! I also loved Pandemonium!
They are all really good! I can’t wait for more sequels for them 🙂
I loved Chime, Wither and Pandemonium! Chime was an especially fantastic book. I still have to read Cinder…I just bought a copy of Scarlet to try and motivate me, haha. Great topic!
Thanks for stopping by my top ten!
Definitely read Cinder soon! I knew I was going to love it when I found out the author is a Sailor Moon fan, but I loved it even more than I thought I would. Chime is another one I wouldn’t mind a reread on.
Ooh, yes, Cinder! I liked it more than Scarlet, but both were really good. And I really need to read Incarnate.
My TTT post
Yes, Incarnate was absolutely wonderful both of them were and I can’t wait for the 3rd one!
I’m glad to see some recognition for Ashfall!
Yeah, it really was quite terrifying! I still have to read the 2nd one and I hope it is just as good.
I haven’t read it yet either, shamefully, but hopefully soon 🙂
Creative top ten list! Some of these books are my all time favorites! I have Scarlet and can’t wait to read it!
Alise @ Readers In Wonderland
My Top Ten Tuesday
Cinder, Scarlet, Cress, Winter – <3333
I also like Ashfall. Have yet to read the book though.
My favorite one word title has to be… Angelfall 🙂
Thanks for stopping by my TTT!
I really need to read Angelfall. I have heard it is really great, but haven’t made it to that one yet.
Cool idea! There’s at least 3 titles up there that are still on my TBR list, the foremost being Cinder and Wither. Too much to read!! lol
I like this topic! I can see what you mean about Chime/Near Witch. Both are really good!