Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.
This week the topic is:
Top Ten Things that Make Life Being a Reader/Blogger Easier
1. Goodreads: I LOVE Goodreads! This is one of my favorite places to go everyday. Reviews, ratings, suggestions, recommendations, giveaways, summaries, author info, upcoming books, beautiful covers, and a ton of other stuff all in one place. What’s not to love?
2. Bookworm App: I have a lot of books, nearly 700, and I have (on more than one occasion) bought a book I already had. So, this app is great because it lets me add books by scanning, searching, and even manual input to add to my collection and I can keep up with my whole personal library on this one app, including ratings and notes.
3. The Book Depository: I like to host giveaways whenever I can, and since international postage can get kind of pricey, The Book Depository is a great way to be able to send books internationally without racking up that horrible fee.
4. WordPress App: At first, this app wasn’t that great, but once they fixed it with an update, it has been wonderful ever since. I notifies me of several things and lets me reply or post on the go. My whole dashboard is mobile.
5. Google Drive: I like to keep up with my giveaways in a document so I can just click the link and go, but I got tired of forgetting my thumb drive I had it stashed on, so when I found out about Google Drive and how you could get to your stuff on any computer, I switched it over to a document on there and now I don’t have to worry when I forget my thumb drive at work, or any other bookish documents I may need.
6. Library: Do I really need to explain this one?
7. Rafflecopter: When I first started my blog, I used to do giveaways by using a Google form, then inputting the entries into Random.org, now with so many entries, I am very thankful for Rafflecopter. Not only does it keep up with the entries, but it will randomly select one and let you email them right from the giveaway.
8. Planner: I try to be more organized, and sometimes, when I keep up with it, my planner helps for things. I don’t schedule which books I am going to read, but I do like it to write down choices and lists for memes such as this one. Plus, the weeks have lined dates, so I can fit my lists nicely 🙂
9. Bloglovin’: This is the best blog reader. Ever. I tried to have Google reader for some of them, and I tried to have Linky, but they didn’t work out for me very well and I had to manually update my posts on Linky, which I never remembered to do, but Bloglovin’ makes everything so much easier. It posts everything automatically and keeps everything nice and clean and simple, plus you can organize any blogs you follow however you want.
10. The Blogger Community: Duh. Without all the other readers and bloggers that I have found in this great community, I wouldn’t know all the stuff I know now. I would never have found out about NetGalley or Edelweiss, I’d never get to read reviews from people whose opinions I trust and I never would have met such awesome people with the same love of the written word as I do.
So what kind of things make it easier for you?