Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.
This week the topic is:
Top Ten Things I’m Thankful For
1. Books! – This is a given. I love books and I am working my way towards my own personal library. Books are pretty magical and a great escape when you don’t want to be in “real life” and they help you bond with people and bloggers, who are some of the most awesome people out there!
2. The Library – I have been pretty broke this year, having just bought a house and having to do some repairs can really put a tight squeeze on your wallet, so the library really helps out when I can’t actually buy the books I want to. Plus, if I didn’t like the book, I didn’t have to waste money on a book I didn’t enjoy.
3. The Blogger Community – These people are super awesome and I trust and enjoy their opinions. Its great getting to know them and reading their posts and discussing books we all enjoy. I have never met a rude blogger yet and even though I may never get to meet them in real life I consider them friends 🙂
4. Authors – These people are super amazing! The stories they create are incredible and they really know how to touch your heart, make you cry, make you want to scream, hug books and just all kinds of other emotions.
5. Events – Because with things like this we are able to meet some of these awesome authors and get them to sign their awesome books and tell them how much we obsess over their stories and characters.
6. Followers! – I am very thankful for the people that read my blog and share their opinions with me. I made this blog to share this interest with others and I am glad for every single one of them 🙂
Non Book Related:
7. My family – This includes my best friends and fiance and his family along with my blood family. They are really incredible and I love them all. They are supportive and helpful and we are really close. I couldn’t have asked for a better family. We even have a couple new additions which is very exciting!
8. My job – It might not be my dream job, but it pays the bills and I can afford everything I need (maybe not all my wants) and it isn’t the worst job either. I have been here 9 years, so I can’t complain. Many people don’t have jobs at all, so I am lucky I am in a job that I know has job security.
9. My house – There might be a few issues and repairs with it, but I have my own home and it has plenty of room, so I will never have to worry about where I’m staying or moving in a year or renting a room and not being able to trust roommates or asking permission to make changes. The house is mine and I get to do whatever I want.
10. Writing – Because this is what I love to do. I have loads of journals, poetry, stories, notebooks, even letters that I have written to help me cope with tough stuff. I love to write so much that I even have traditional snail mail penpals. If I am writing, by hand or by typing, I am happy. Writing is not just fun for me, it is also therapy, even a gift for some people like when I framed a poem a previous boss lady of mine loved because of how it touched her.
There is so much more I am thankful for as well. There is so much people take for granted and they should be thankful for everyday. I love everybody in my life and am thankful for every single step that I have made through all my years that has gotten me where I am today!