Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted at The Broke and The Bookish. Each week a new top ten list is posted, and to participate all you have to do is fill in YOUR top ten for the list.
This week the topic is:
Top Ten Blogging/Reading Resolutions
1. Read more: I didn’t get to read a whole lot this past year, but I do want to read more this year. I am only setting my goal for fifty, which for you super readers out there is a teensy amount, but I am hoping that maybe I can get more in than that. Life just gets in the way of reading! XD
2. Improvements on the blog: I want to make more improvements on my blog and I was even debating on self hosting. I want more meaningful content and I want my blog to be a favorite for the bloggers who follow me.
3. Stop (or at least lessen) procrastination: I am horrible about procrastination! I mean really, really bad. I am behind putting my reviews on other sites and such because of it. My office is a disaster because of it, and half my house is still not unpacked yet even though I have been there a year and a half because of it. So I need to jump on the ball with getting posts done in advance so I don’t have to worry about it anymore.
4. Comment more: I love getting comments, and I know other bloggers love receiving them, so I need to show more love to the bloggers out there. My biggest difficulty with this is that I work during peak commenting times and when I get home, it is hard to want to do anything else other than be lazy after a long day at work.
5. Learn more: I have been blogging here now for 2.5 years and I do not know anywhere near as much as I probably should for someone who has been doing it for this long. I see some of these blogs and I want to know how to do things I see on others’ pages. It is pretty funny when I do figure out how to do something because it is such a huge accomplishment for me and I feel so proud of myself, even though it is probably something small for others.
6. Notebooks: For a while I was doing good at keeping up with a notebook for jotting notes about the books I was reading, then it got misplaced, and I haven’t worked with it since it was misplaced. Since I finally found it again I would like to start putting notes, including quotes because I need to get better with noting quotes, into the notebook again. I also need to improve my note taking skills, because I noticed when I first started the notebook, I wanted to write down notes on every little thing, which I have no time for. So I need to be more efficient in my note taking.
7. Plan ahead: I am horrible about trying to write my posts the day before or the morning of when said post is supposed to be up. I really need to work on scheduling my posts ahead and planning my posts ahead. This would also help my procrastination issues.
8. Review requests: I hate having to turn down so many writers when it comes to review requests, but I just don’t have the time to take on too many currently. If my partnering works out, then I will have a second pair of eyes I could share the load with and get to take in more requests. So I am hoping I will be able to do that this year.
9. Challenges: I want to actually complete all my challenges I pick this year. My first year of challenges I did well and met all of them, this past year however, I crashed and burned. So, I want to make sure I complete them this time!
10. Organization: Also links in with planning ahead. I will do good on my organization for a week, then something happens (usually procrastination) and I fall behind on the organization. I have a day planner where I try to plan out my posts and go ahead and write down which covers I want for Cover Crush, what choices for my TTT and WoW posts, etc, but…well, like my notebook, it was misplaced (I am good at losing things thanks to a horrible memory). I have a dedicated tote that I need to repack with my blogger and writing stuff again and make sure I keep it with me. When we moved my boyfriend in, my tote was moved and I just recently uncovered it (he likes to move my things and doesn’t remember what he does with them). I also want to get my desk organized so I have an actual place to work. I love my desk, it’s a beautiful roll top :-) and I want to actually do my writing at it.
Also I found this great New Year Blogging Resolution Survey from Chiara over at Books for a Delicate Eternity that I want to do since it involves resolutions as well!
I will read more books (in a genre, for review, for yourself etc):
I read lots of books for myself, but I am going to try to get more in that are requests or ones that I have requested. I feel really bad that I am not able to do but a very small select few that I get requests from, so I would like to do better on that.
I will try reading (a certain genre, a certain book, a series etc):
Maybe a little more sci-fi. I’m not big on reading sci-fi, but there are a lot of books that people go on about in this genre that I would like to check out. Mostly I read contemporary and paranormal/fantasy.
I will finish (a book, a series etc):
My challenges. I massively failed on that aspect this past year, and I don’t want to do it again this year.
I will start (you get the gist, yeah?):
Both Cassanda Clare series! I feel like such a dweeb for not having read them yet, and I don’t want to be left out of the loop anymore!
I will not read:
Anything that doesn’t get my interest. I read for myself and let others know how I feel about the books and my opinions on what I read, but I am not going to force myself to read something I don’t actually want to. If I do that, then it won’t be as enjoyable.
I will read:
Whatever I am in the mood to read. I am definitely a mood reader, which is why I can’t schedule out books like some bloggers can because next week I might want to read a thriller or something that will make me cry. I don’t know until it is time to pick my next book.
I will try to post:
As often as possible, which will differ depending on how my schedule is.
I will post more:
Discussions. I like discussion posts and seeing people’s opinions, but I have a hard time thinking of stuff to talk about, honestly, so I haven’t done many.
I will post fewer:
I am a blogger. Posting fewer of something isn’t in the rules for me. I don’t post a lot of meaningless garble (at least I hope I don’t) and I enjoy everything that I post, all reviews, all memes, etc.
If I do not post:
I am probably utterly swamped, but I will post again as soon as I can. If I know I won’t post for a little while because something has come up, then I will announce it. Work and family come first, so I have to tend to those before I can do my blog stuff.
I will visit blogs:
As often as I can. I love seeing everybody’s blogs and reading their posts and discussing things with the wonderful bloggers out there.
I will comment on more:
Reviews and discussions. I love reading both of these kinds of posts and I would like to be more involved in them and debating opinions with people.
I will comment on fewer:
Fewer comments? No way! I love comments and I know other bloggers do, too, so why would I want to do it less?
I will return the comment favour as much as I can:
Of course! I love getting comments and I know others do as well, so why not?
I will try and visit and comment on ____ blogs:
All of them. I know that is pretty impossible because I follow so many, but I will try my darndest. I do have favorites that I comment on pretty often, but I also need to share the love with the others I follow, too.
I will not post comments that are:
Pointless. I want my comments to actually have a purpose and be meaningful with what the post says. I know I’ve received comments before that make me look at the screen weird, quirk and eyebrow and think “okay? and the point is??” and I don’t want people to think that of my comments.
I will post comments that are:
The exact opposite of the above. I want to have meaningful comments. Comments that make people nod there head in agreement at the screen, or comment back because it is worth answering, or high five me on my soap box moments.
So, there you have it! My New Year’s Resolutions for my blogging. What kind of resolutions have you guys made?